Thursday, September 6, 2007

My name is John, was born and raised in kenya. I relocated to the US in 2004. Before I moved to this country, I was a high school teacher, teaching math and chemistry.
I currently teach in a charter school in minneapolis and my student grade levels are 7TH- 12TH. I am a graduate student in the university of minnesota in the department of education and human development taking curriculum and instruction in education science.Was particularly ineterested in this program to acquire technology skills and new teaching strategies that are focused in meeting student needs.

Since I moved in to this country, life has not been easy, settling down and getting a job with reasonable income has been an uphill task, deciding to go to school has not been easy either since I have a family that needs my support. But, my biggest concern is working in an environment where everybody else thinks you are different,this has been my graetes challenge trying to build relationships with people who feel you are different.

1 comment:

Tram Anh Do said...

Hi, John!
My name's Tram Anh. I am in M.Ed degree, my major's Science Education, too. This my first time in US. I have got many problems either in my Academic classes or in my try to get Assistant Ship . Could you advice me something usefull for my academic class? Thanks!
Tram Anh